I’ve been asked to write a list of some English books which might be appropriate for the book stall at our church. They wouldn’t just be for ex-pats, but a lot of ESL-ers, and German-speakers who want to read in English.
So far I’ve thought of things like:
- How to read the bible for all it’s worth (Fee & Stuart)
- The Reason for God (Keller)
- Desiring God / Don’t waste your life (Piper)
- Know and tell the gospel (Chapman)
- Let the nations be glad (Piper)
- Worship Matters (Kauflin)
- The Cross of Christ (Stott)
- Some C.S. Lewis.. Bonhoeffer.. Schaeffer.. ?
You can already see my bias there… which is why I need your suggestions! Some more Apologetics? Biographies?
Which ‘classic’ books from evangelical writers would form your essential reading list?
Photo (CC) by ginnerobot